Use Technology to Evolve
The ever increasing world of tech pushes business to be online, 24 hour accessible, and for business owners to be tech savvy. Nasdaq.com says “The market for online shopping is growing at a remarkable rate. Approximately 87% of U.K. consumers have bought at least one product online in the last 12 months, and the United Kingdom is second only to Norway for making e-commerce purchases in Europe.” It’s not just products that are sold online, more and more services are provided online.
Even if you don’t use technology in your day to day e.g. you are an independent shop where your business is conducted face to face, introducing simple technology to your business could see growth;
- Embrace Social Media – open up your shop to online ordering through Instagram shopping. You can show customers worldwide your products, your market just became infinite.
- Use Accounting Software Packages – the use of accounting software such as Sage and Xero will streamline the day to day finances of your business and allow you to focus your energy elsewhere.
- You may need to have a wider reaching recruitment campaign than local papers, and adverts in windows. Recruiting online means that you can reach out to a large pool and find the best fit for your business.
- People buy people, but that doesn’t mean automating areas of your business is a bad thing. For some industries mechanisation is the only way forward. Make sure you invest in technology that can evolve with your business as it sees growth. Mechanisation can be a large financial commitment for SMEs, so take the time to check it will be the right step for you.
- Invest in software packages that allow you to communicate with your clients, no matter where or what time it is. Embrace skype calls instead of face to face meetings meaning that you can assist your clients at a moment’s notice.
- Technology that works in real time information (RTI) – accounting software such as Xero (user permissions required) allows your accountant to hop on live and help you if there is an issue.
Avanti love the traditional personal touch that our service offers, but we also embrace changes in technology, by not only using cloud accounting software, but also using secure client portal software so our clients can sign their documents electronically anywhere, anytime.
Modern Accountants with Traditional Values.