Following the announcement of a second lockdown, the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme is being extended until 31 March 2021.
The last day employers can submit or change claims for periods ending on or before 31 October 2020, is the 30th November 2020.
Before you submit your claim, you should check;
- If you can claim
- Check which employees are eligible
- Before you make your calculations, you should;
- Discuss with staff and make any changes to the employment contract by agreement.
- Employers may need to seek legal advice on the process. If sufficient numbers of staff are involved, it may be necessary to engage collective consultation processes to procure agreement to changes to terms of employment.
- HMRC cannot provide your employees with details of claims you make on their behalf. Please help us by keeping your employees informed, answering any questions that they might have. Please ask them not to contact HMRC.
Once you have taken the steps above, you can calculate and submit your claim to HMRC, you must also make your PAYE Real Time Information (RTI) submission to HMRC.
Contact MJB Avanti (08000) 388 799 for advice on all aspects of the furlough scheme, and meeting your payroll obligations to HMRC.