It’s been a busy start to the year for the Avanti team…in case you missed it, we kicked off by filing all clients tax returns online.on time.no fine – We have achieved this 19 years running! Spring is just around the corner, and as the bulbs bloom, Avanti networking are sprouting new groups- adding Felixstowe and this month Colchester to the network – 21st March at the Colchester Community Stadium 12-2pm!
For networking events that cultivate relationships, and focus on the people behind the business, visit Avanti – The proven format generates not only referrals but also advice, support and valuable business insight. Members commit to just 2 hours a month and many describe Avanti day as ‘the most valuable and enjoyable day of their month’. With an online community supporting the friendly face-to-face events, everyone should try networking the Avanti way. Email to book now
Did you know?
- Probate fees are set to be hiked up to £6,000 for the largest estates as the government plans to overhaul the death tax from April 2019, a measure delayed from 2017 due to the early general election
- The head of the audit regulator, the Financial Reporting Council (FRC), is calling for a significant overhaul of the 2006 Companies Act as a way to reform the audit market, raise standards and restore public confidence in audit firms, which MPs described as ‘tantalising’. Here we go again comes to mind!
- The UK small business community is collectively spending 15% more on taxes, levies and employment obligations compared to 2011
Making Tax Digital is on the horizon – are you ready??
Click here for the MTD FAQs – Xero partners, Avanti can help you to be MTD ready.
What have we been doing for clients?
- Did you know that as well as accounts and tax, Avanti can take care of all your company secretarial needs…Saving you time spent completing forms and updating registers! By passing this to Avanti, you can focus on growing your business, developing your products and implementing your marketing strategy.
- We recently took on a client who had received a letter from HMRC demanding payments for penalties for late submission of payroll full payment submissions. The Client was totally unaware in the first instance that he even had a payroll account so the penalties came as a complete shock.
Whether you need payroll for a sole Director or an entire team of staff, Avanti can help you – this month we’ll be providing tips for payroll – check our socials for handy hints and tips throughout March,if you missed this week’s, you can see it again here