The Government has published a series of new guidance documents for employers to assist them with compliance with the statutory gender pay gap reporting requirements.
The guidance documents cover the following issues that affected employers may face when compiling their reports:
- who needs to report their gender pay gap
- the gender pay gap information employers must report
- the gender pay gap data you must gather
- making your gender pay gap calculations
- how to publish gender pay gap reports, including a template.
Private sector employers with a headcount of 250 or more on their “snapshot date” must comply with the gender pay gap reporting regulations. The snapshot date for these employers is 5 April each year and they must then report and publish their gender pay gap data by no later than 4 April of the following year, with the next data due by 4 April 2021, following the one-off suspension of the requirements relating to the data for the 2019 reporting period due to the coronavirus pandemic.