After much anticipation following the announcement of Government support measures for Businesses, the new Furlough system from HMRC will be up and running from 20th April, and we need to start declaring those employees you would like to Furlough.
Please note; if any employee is furloughed this must be for a minimum of 3 weeks. They are not allowed to work at all. If yourself as a Director is going to be furlough you can work on Director duties, but no revenue generating activities.
We can provide you with an Avanti Furlough Leave Agreement that we recommend you use (or something similar) to ensure you get permission from your employees to furlough them. You must seek HR advice to ensure you carry this out correctly and in line with your employment terms.
HMRC advise of the information you will need to claim
- Your employer PAYE reference number
- The number of employees being furloughed
- National Insurance Numbers for the employees you want to furlough
- Names of the employees you want to furlough
- Payroll/works number for the employees you want to furlough
- Your Self Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference or Corporation Tax Unique Taxpayer Reference or Company Registration Number
- The claim period (start and end date)
- Amount claimed (per the minimum length of furloughing of 3 consecutive weeks)
- Your bank account number and sort code
- Your contact name
- Your phone number
You will need to calculate the amount you are claiming. HMRC will retain the right to retrospectively audit all aspects of your claim.
When will the claim be paid?
Claims will be paid within 6 working days; you should not contact us unless it is absolutely necessary – any queries should be directed to your agent, representative or our webchat service
We want to support you and ensure that your payroll is completed and submitted in good time, not least where you may be entitled to a furlough refund.
Authorised PAYE agents Vs File Only Agents
If you use an agent who is authorised to act for you for PAYE purposes, they will be able to make a claim on your behalf. If you use a file only agent (who files your RTI return but doesn’t act for you on any other matters) they won’t be authorised to make a claim for you and you will need to make the claim yourself. Your file only agent can assist you in obtaining the information you need to claim (which is listed above). We are making the claim process as straightforward as possible.
If you would like Avanti to manage this for you, please contact us 01473 558866 ASAP as we will need to complete the work to finalise the furloughed employees by the 20th April.